Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Return journey to Delhi

I walked down to bus-station in pilani and found out that a direct bus to Delhi would leave at 2:15pm. I had half-hour to pass. I saw couple of guys standing at the same platform and struck a conversation. One of them was going to Delhi and his younger brother was there to help with the computer that he was carrying to Delhi. I introduced myself and he told me that he was Sudheer Sharma and working with IAF(Indian Air Force) at Delhi.

Bus left 5 minutes early(a little surprise to me). And I helped Sudheer with his computer. He
decided to sit on the last seat, I sat beside him on the last row. I would not have done it but I needed his help to go to a place from Delhi.

Bus journey was eventful, Sudheer was allergic to smoking and almost fought with couple of guys over it. The bus went via dadri instead of Bhiwani and it got crowded like crazy. People had trouble finding a place to stand. Sudheer was in logistics division of IAF and he looked little
unhappy that he was not a pilot. He told me how he chose to join IAF with the dream of becoming a pilot by rejecting an engineering seat at BITS,pilani in staff quota.He said he was getting transferred to Assam in coming June. Assam is very far from pilani and he was concerned that he would not be able to visit his parents often. He also spoke about the bureaucracy in IAF.

Sudheer got down 30kms before Delhi and the rest of journey became boring. I had a chat with
the conductor of the bus. He told me that they had to make a trip back to dadri at 8pm. It won't be before mid-night that he reached home.

I reached ISBT at 7:15pm, reached earlier than expected. And I was in no hurry to reach early as my next bus was not until 11:30pm. I bought the ticket and waited at ISBT. Went to Mc'Donalds and had a burger. The bus left at 11:45 and I remember trying to sleep without much success. I did not know that this trip would enlighten me and teach me a valuable lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

x