Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Third day at pilani - the first day of exams

As I feared got up late i.e. at around 7:30 and went to books without any delay. Studied till 8:45 then got ready and had breakfast. Finished breakfast quickly and ran back to my room.

I had left the room at 9:25 and went to temple, its very beautiful. I would attach some pictures to this post later.The temple had a magnificent statue of Saraswathi, the goddess of studies. I prayed quickly for time was at a premium. Then I went to DLPD to find out that exams were being held somewhere else. It took time for me to locate that place and I managed to get there 15 minutes before my exam started. The paper was Network Security. I expected to see questions related to cryptography and relates security algorithms but none appeared, it was a very generic paper and I didn't like it. I was thinking if a closed book paper was like this, how would an open-book exam be?

Anyway, I managed to complete the paper and started studying for the next exam which would start at 2pm. Prof.Venkat saw me and asked whether I had lunch, I said no. He said have your lunch and come back, VFAST is charging you for lunch also, whether or not you eat:) I went back to VFAST hostel and had a quick lunch and came back to face one more exam.

The second paper was Real-Time systems(RTS). I gave the least priority to RTS as it is a 3-credit paper, other papers being 4 and 5 credits. I do not remember how did the paper go, it looks like a long ago. I remember trying to solve some numerical questions related to scheduling, unsuccessfully.

So much for both the exams. I went back to my room and started studying and going through what I already studied for AOS(advanced operating system). This paper had tens of algorithms
and many were improvements over other algorithms. AOS being the subject with the highest
credits(5), I had do do well to get a decent grade. I was very tired and slept by 11:30PM, of course, I had dinner, VFAST would charge me anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

x