Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Da Vinci Code 2

I wrote the last post on Da Vinci Code sometime back but could not post it earlier. As I was posting it today, I thought I would verify the authenticity of the statements I've made.

I was surprised with my findings. I said that to identify which states have banned this movie, check which states are being run by congress governments.

States that banned Da Vinci Code in India:
Punjab
Goa
Pondicherry
Meghalaya
Tamil Nadu
Andhra Pradesh
Nagaland

I was surprised I was right!! Five of those seven states are congress governments and Tamil Nadu government is supported by congress!! I know too many exclamations but I can't help it.
Only Nagaland is a non-congress government that banned this movie where Christianity is the predominant religion.

And another fact is Sonia Gandhi is a Roman Catholic. I have no problem with that as religion is a personal choice and individual right. The thing that bothers me is how these spineless congress politicians are trying to lick their way up.

A petition was filed in Supreme Court to ban this movie all over the country. Judges presiding over the case made following observations.

"Can you name any country where Christianity is a dominant religion that has banned the film?"
"You (petitioners) yourself accept that it is fiction and not fact, then there should not [be] any objection."

The judges also asked "how the right to profess or practice religion was hurt by the film?"

Not surprisingly, there were no convincing answers.

Secularism survives in India to live another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

x